Photo by: Me, Lívia Alencar

Hi everyone,


Here I am again. How y'all keeping?


For the Second Mission of Introduction to Digital Media my group and I decided to talk about YouTubing. 

We weren't sure what to do for the presentation but then my two (very smart) group partners came up with the idea of doing a vlog and talking about monetization, clickbait and YouTube's history. We agreed that I would talk about YouTube's history, and actually, it is very fascinating, not gonna lie. 

YouTube's History:
I went through different websites (in Portuguese and in English hihihi) to search about this topic and I learned quiet a lot! Some things I learned were that YouTube was created in 2005 (I thought it was older than this 🤔); the creators were around the age of 26-28 years old when they created one of the most famous social medias in the world nowadays; and on YouTube's first year, it had over 2 millions visualisations per day.

Vlog:
I recorded myself on the Thursday of the week 2 of the second mission but I was feeling so embarrassed (like, a lot) that I barely showed my face (P.S.: if you don't show your face it really isn't a vlog) and my group partner who was editing the videos (because he has a YouTube channel so he knows more about video editing then me and our other group mate) to put it together told me that I had to have more videos of me talking and showing my face, so I had to re-do it. However, on Friday we didn't have classes since it was Graduation Day, so I could only record myself on Monday. On Monday night I sent the videos to my group partner so he could edit it on Tuesday for us to do the presentation on Wednesday morning.


That’s it, see you soon
Lívia Alencar